Gathering Together & Encouraging One Another
November 2, 2019
Sermon Audio (link to be posted soon)
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. — Matthew 6:33
I. Seek the kingdom of God
- What is the kingdom? His righteous rule and reign in our hearts.
II. Seek first the kingdom of God
- To seek God’s kingdom first is to seek Jesus first.
- There are other things we often seek first: wealth, knowledge, achievement, success etc.
- Jesus knows these things don’t deliver. Our satisfaction is found in Christ alone.
III. God’s promise
“all these things will be added to you”
Questions For Discussion / Application:
- Re-read the text as well as the context, Matthew 6:25-24. What does the context of Jesus’ command in vs.33 to “seek first the kingdom of God” tell us about what it actually means to seek first the kingdom of God?
- What is God’s kingdom? What does it meant to seek His kingdom?
- We struggle to seek first the kingdom of God. What other pursuits can at times take priority in our lives over and above seeking first God’s kingdom?
- How can we help and encourage one another to seek first God’s kingdom?
- What is one way you want to grow as the result of taking time to consider this passage?