Gathering Together & Encouraging One Another
October 13, 2019
I. Let us thoughtfully stir one another up (verse 24)
How do we stir one another up?
A. By our example
- We stir up one another as we love one another.
- When you reach out to others and love them, you inspire others by your example.
B. By our words
- Words have power to bring life, vigor, joy. They can also bring death.
- The Enemy would love to use words to rob, kill and destroy.
- God’s intention – let us be thoughtful in our words and example.
II. Let us come together regularly (verse 25)
III. Let us encourage one another (verse 25b)
1. Send a note
2. Practice hospitality
3. Affirm someone
4. Pray and follow up
Questions For Discussion / Application:
- Re-read the text, Hebrews 10:23-25. What initial observations and insights do you have from reading this text?
- What does it mean to “stir up one another to love and good works” ?
- How can we stir one another up by our words?
- How can we can stir one another up by our example?
- Why do you think the exhortation to not neglect to meet together (vs.25) is in our Bibles?
- In what ways can believers be tempted to neglect meeting together?
- Why is it important for believers to meet together on Sunday, during the week at Care Group etc?
- What are some ways you want to grow personally in encouraging others in their walks with the Lord?