Build Up The Church: The Gift of Prophecy
1 Cor 14:1-25
March 3, 2019
Questions For Discussion/Application:
- Re-read the text, 1 Cor. 14:1-25. What initial observations and insights do you have from reading this text?
- Have someone read Grudem’s definition of prophecy from the outline (p.2). In what ways do you find this definition helpful?
- What is the purpose of the gift of prophecy?
- In what ways is Old Testament prophecy distinct/different from prophecy in the New Testament?
- How can we value and pursue the gift of prophecy, without ascribing undue (unbiblical) authority and weight to prophetic words?
- Review section V. from your Outline– “Maintaining A Biblical Perspective.” What reflections/thoughts do you have on this section?
- What concerns or fears do you have regarding the gift of prophecy?
- Re-read 1 Cor.14:1. How do we practically apply this verse?