The Spiritual Gift of Tongues
1 Cor 14:1-33
March 10, 2019
Questions For Discussion/Application:
- Re-read the text, 1 Cor. 14:1-33. What initial observations and insights regarding the spiritual gift of tongues do you have from reading this text?
- What is the main purpose of the gift of prophecy? What is the main purpose of the gift of tongues?
- What is your understanding the blessing that comes as the result of the gift of tongues?
- Why does Paul require tongues in the public gathering to be interpreted?
- On a personal level, how would you describe your own attitude towards the gift of tongues?
- How do we welcome and encourage the biblical use of the gift of tongues while avoiding the Corinthian error of elevating tongues to a level of superiority over and above other spiritual gifts?
- Paul said “I want you all to speak in tongues” and “I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.” In light of these positive affirmations that Paul makes, what would keep you from asking God to give you the gift of tongues?