The Lord’s Supper Together
December 1, 2019
Questions For Discussion / Application:
- Re-read 1 Cor. 11:23-26. Read also New City Catechism (NCC) question 46 (see outline). What makes the Lord’s Supper so significant? Why does this sacrament matter? Why is it important?
- Read 1 Cor. 11:24-25. What does it mean to eat the bread and drink the cup “in remembrance” of Jesus?
- How is the Lord’s supper a celebration of God’s presence?
- Re-read the outline under the section “A. We enjoy communion with the Lord.” When we take the Lord’s supper we can experience deep fellowship with the Savior. How does this reality impact how you view the Lord’s Supper?
- Re-read the quote from Ligon Duncan and Thabit Anyabwile under section “V. Our souls are nourished.” How can the truth that the Lord’s supper is intended to nourish our faith, increase anticipation for taking the Lord’s Supper?
- How does the Lord’s Supper point and draw our attention to heaven?